Thursday 1 November 2012

Burberry Lip Velvet / Military Red 310


I love red lips especially this time of year. There's something special about wearing a red lip, almost like wearing a pair of high heels. Red lips are a big statement, a lot of people are unsure of the right shade. I personally think there is a red shade out there for everyone. Whether it be more blue toned or pink, you just have to get swatching and don't be afraid.
Burberry Beauty have launched Lip Velvets, a long-wearing matte finish lipstick. This is the first time I've tried a Burberry Lipstick, the quality is amazing. The formulation is rich and creamy not drying like some matte lipsticks tend to be. The colour I have been trying is a beautiful striking red- Military Red (310).

Let's take a moment to appreciate the packaging, very chic and sleek. I adore the matte packaging, the dark charcoal shade looks classy and sexy. Instead of your traditional opening and closing, this lid is magnetised so when you pull off the lid and replace it you feel the force ha ha! I love this extra little touch. If that wasn't enough you're then greeted with an intricate embossed lipstick. Too good to use, it did take me a while to absorb it in all it's glory. However once it met my lips it was a match made in heaven! The shade is perfect for my skin tone. Every woman needs a red lipstick and Military Red certainly is mine.

Have you found your perfect red shade? What do you think of Military Red?

Sherrie xo

6 comments:

  1. Lovely shade :)

    turquoisedreaam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so amazing... its matte finish is attracting me badly...

    www.makeupshakeups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish is top quality! It feels amazing when applied :)

      Delete
  3. I love the packaging of these, they look so luxurious, gorgeous colour :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing shade! I love anything matte!:)

    beautythursday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥