Friday 9 November 2012

Autumn Picks / Top 5 Eyeshadows

This is my final Autumn Picks post and I've thoroughly enjoyed this mini-series. If you've not read my Autumn Top Blusher Picks or Autumn Top Lipstick Picks you can catch up! I'm contemplating an Autumn/Winter Nail Polish top picks post? Let me know if you have any ideas for me!

My top Autumn Eyeshadows...


This was probably my favourite post from the Autumn Picks mini-series, I love every single one of these shadows and would wear them for day time and evening. I think A/W allows you to wear a smokey eye during the day and it's perfectly acceptable.

My first top pick comes as a pair, I bought them both last year. They work very well together and that's NARS Nepal / Mekong, I purposely bought them to be worn together. Nepal is actually a repurchase and I fell in love with Mekong. Nepal is a beautiful nude shimmer, it's more on the pink side and works fab as an all over lid shade but also also looks beautiful with Mekong buffed into the socket. Mekong is a deep muddy shade with fine flecks of glitter through it. It's so gorgeous the swatch does not do it justice. This is staple for any smokey eye, the formulation is high quality and the pigmentation is strong.

Next up is 2 eyeshadows from Clarins, these were recently launched earlier this Autumn. The 2 shades which I've been wearing individually is Clarins Silver Green / Aubergine. Silver Green is beautiful when solely worn alone as an all over lid shade. I love wearing Khaki colours on my eyes and this has to be a favourite shade. Aubergine is beautiful blended into the socket, I haven't worn it as an all over lid shade, it works best as a socket shade for myself. These shadows can be applied dry or wet to create a more intense look, Aubergine makes a striking eye liner!

My last top pick had to be a grey/charcoal shade and that is NYX Cosmetics Deep Charcoal, I love the cute simple packaging and peeked eyeshadow. The texture is creamy and soft and the pigmentation is great. I think everyone needs a charcoal shade in their stash to help create a nice soft smokey look.

Top-Bottom:
Nepal / Deep Charcoal / Silver Green / Mekong / Aubergine

After swatching them and seeing them all together, they all look so lovely and would work great in a palette! Don't you think? Maybe I could do a post on my Top/Favourite Eyeshadow palettes?

So there you have it, my Top Autumn Picks for Eyeshadows.
Do you have any of these in your stash?

Sherrie xo

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, silver green is gorgeous! Got a similar post going up this week end! Mine are warm shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NARS Nepal looks amazing. Just my kind of colour. You have some great picks :) x

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love the look of that Nyx one, might have to add to my stash! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Absolutely love aubergine, I didn't know clarins had such a nice makeup line! I've aaalways loved their skin care products!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥