Monday 30 January 2012

O.P.I Nicki Minaj Collection- Save Me Swatches

Sparkly sparkly, I've just painted my nails with the new Save Me polish from the Nicki Minaj O.P.I collection. If you follow my blog then you'll know I'm a magpie for glitter and sparkles so I knew this polish would feel right at home in my collection. O.P.I have teamed up with platinum-selling recording artist Nicki Minaj to release 6 limited edition nail lacquers.



 

20120129-154214.jpg

20120129-154257.jpg

I find that 3 coats gives a good enough coverage if you're using this over the top of a colour. If you wanted to use this by itself I would say 3-4 coats would do the job. Some people would say ' ah I can't be bothered with that!' but in all honesty I think it's worth it because once you layer this polish up you soon see the gorgeous blue and gold holographic strips of glitter. The polish is long lasting thanks to the glitter so I personally think it's worth the work.

This is the first glitter polish with actual strips of glitter in that I own and I love the contrast of blue and gold holographic strips. They dry flat which is great, the polish feels nice and smooth when dry which was very pleasing because with some glitter polishes the flakes sometimes on't dry flat then they look and feel bumpy on the nail.

1 coat


20120129-154325.jpg

2 coats


20120129-154345.jpg

3 coats


20120129-154405.jpg

I opted for Sweetheart which is a nude blush shade for my base colour, I wanted Save Me to still be the main standout shade and often find if you pick a bright colour it sometimes takes the eyes away from the pretty glitter.

20120129-153442.jpg

20120129-153504.jpg

 

Save Me is available from www.lenawhite.co.uk and retails at £10.50.

What's your favourite shade from the Nicki Minaj collection?


Sherrie xoxo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥