Wednesday 24 November 2010

BareFaced Beauty Review

BareFaced Beauty is a UK based mineral makeup company. They have a range of mineral products such as their award winning mineral foundation which is available in 14 shades which costs £12 (3-4 months supply).

They also have a range of brushes, lipglosses, mineral bronzers, eyeshadows and blushers.


Today I will be reviewing 2 of their mineral eyeshadows, a lipgloss and their Pump Actioned Dispensing brush which is so exciting! This brush is currently featured in the latest copy of Vogue ( Dec ) so this is majorly hot right now!
The brush is a handy size and is great for carrying around with you to touch up your make-up. Especially if you're leaving work to attend christmas parties then this is a must. The brush is super soft and not at all what I expected, made with 100% synthetic bristles.


The brush measures 16.5cm long and 2.4cm in diameter and costs £14.00. You can fill the brush with your foundation, bronzer or blusher. I have filled mine with a mineral foundation and have been carrying this around with me and with a small press of the button I can refresh my foundation with a light application of product. It is a little fiddly to begin with, I used a small teaspoon to fill my brush up but it's well worth it.




I think once my foundation is used up I will fill this with a shimmer dusting powder because I can use it for my face but also for my body which would great for the festive season!

I had so much fun experimenting with these shimmery eyeshadows, Tigers Eye and Blue Moonstone. I used Blue Moonstone all over my lid and then applied Tigers eye softly in the socket adding depth.


I then experimented with Tigers Eye and tapped some powder into the lid and with an eyeliner brush and a drop of water I made an eyeliner.


£6.00 (1.5g)

The eyeshadow looks so different from the wet liner when seen on the eye but when you see the swatches they look the same.


Lipglosses for me really finish off a look especially if your going out for the evening. During the day I often wear a gloss for an instant perk me up. For the evening applying a gloss over the top of your lipstick not only brightens the lip area but also helps your lipstick last longer. It's all about layering. When I was sent one of their natural lipglosses in Juicy Peach I was a happy chappy. Peach and nudes are my favourite shades.


£8.00

There are another six shades to choose from, they are so pretty and sparkly and not too sticky which is a bonus.


Here is a pic showing you my FOTD using the brush with my normal foundation in, the 2 eyeshadows and the Juicy Peach natural lipgloss.


If your stuck for christmas ideas then check out their christmas kits for inspiration here.


Thanks for stopping by :)



These products were sent to me by PR which in no way effects my opinion and is an honest review based on my personal experience. I was NOT paid for this review.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on the lookout for a good mineral foundation for AGES now (been using a light dusting of maybellines mineral foundation over my usual liquid product) and this brand looks fantastic!

    Love the look you've created and I actually like every item you've shown - that brush looks incredibly handy and I love anything that makes life a wee bit easier :)

    Lovely face of the day! Though with skin as flawless as your I imagine it'd be pretty hard to go wrong! ♥

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥