Saturday 8 September 2012

Glossybox August / A little late...

 

 Apologies for my thoughts on the August Glossybox, better late than never! The theme was 'International superstars', with the Olympics making a big impact I think this was a great theme!
The products which came in my August Glossybox were...

* Alessandro Pro-White Polish (Germany) is a brightening nail polish which helps to diminish the look of yellowing nails. If you're a keen nail polish wearer this may well appeal to you. Thankfully I've been good and normally use a base coat so my nails are in quite good condition. Still a great idea though!

* DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (Japan) I've actually already tried this early last year I think. I had a tiny sample come through the post with a catalogue. I wasn't sure how they had gotten my details but still enjoyed testing out the sample. I remember my skin being on the drier side back then so I'm interested to see how my combination skin reacts to this. It's a makeup remover and water-soluble.

*All For Eve 'Eve's Balm' I've seen this brand mentioned before so I was happy to see this featured in the box. It smells of Lavender but not too strong, I find some lavender scented products a little overbearing.  This is definitely one to carry around in your handbag!

*Glossybox Lipstick Glossy Pink, I must admit i was a little sceptical when I saw this in the box. After the last Glossybox product which was the goat hair brush I was left disappointed. However after popping the cap and swatching the colour I was totally surprised and happy with it. This is probably the most used product out of the box which I've used and reached for.

*Lipcote (UK) I'm going to be honest and say I really didn't like this and have now passed it on to my mum. I know it's meant to tingle but it felt like it was burning my lips! However it did prolong my lipstick, but i couldn't bare using it every time so sadly its a no no for me!

There was one other product which I haven't mentioned but was featured in the first photograph and that was the eyeshadow palette. It was the one product which didn't stand out for me.

Despite the eyeshadow palette I would say this is another good box, the DHC cleansing Oil is a great size and the lipstick is a stunning colour! What did you think of your Glossybox?

Sherrie xoxo













10 comments:

  1. I bought Lipcote after reading some reviews on popular, established blogs... I haven't noticed that the bloggers were actually paid for the reviews... Well... A big, big disappointment. It felt like my lips were in fire!!!! My lipstick came off in tiny disgusting lumps and I am seriously confused about this product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, what a shame & waste of your money. I really didn't like it from the first application and gave it to my mum.
    My lips felt like they where on fire and I couldn't bare to use it every time I wore lipstick. Thanks for your comment hun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, looks like a box with a lot of mixed opinions!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick looks really pretty. I've been getting glossybox here in the US. I like it so far. Some months are better than others. Thanks for sharing what you got.

    Meredith
    nycmakeuplover1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip stick is beautiful! I've been wearing it lots. Yes I agree some months defo better than others x

      Delete
  5. wow...... i am so loving gloss box.... omg its so full of amazing product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting to see what comes through each month x

      Delete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥