Whilst I don't claim to have flawless skin I would go as far to say my skin is looking good and best it has in the past couple months. One of the pitfalls of being a beauty blogger is being swoon and won over by new skincare products and wanting to try everything recommended or newly launched! However I have been sticking to the same routine which I think is a BIG point to consider. You need to give your skin time to adjust and decide whether it likes the product or not. What my skin likes your skin may well dislike, so it's also a case of trial and error until you find the products which work and suit your skin. I have combination skin which can get dehydrated quickly. I try not to use harsh products on my skin but there are areas (t-zone) which can take some hard core products. I've tried to lessen the amount of products I use on my skin and also have makeup free days to allow my skin to breathe. OK so here's my skincare routine to helping me achieve flawless skin.
- Liz Earle C&P Rose and Lavender Hot Cloth Cleanser- OK I know I said I've been using all these products for a while but from the first application my skin felt soothed and calmed. I use this mainly in the evening. It removes eye makeup and face makeup and gives the skin a good cleanse when used with the hot cloth.
- Avene Micellar Lotion- This is a great micellar lotion and one which I reach for often, I also use Bioderma but not everyone can get their paws on it so thought this is great stand in. Great for eye makeup removal or face, great if you have sensitive skin.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir- This is my HG skincare item, this is amazing for combination skin and dry skin. I have enlarged pores on my nose and since using this I really noticed a difference. I use this after cleansing and sometimes again after toning. It's great to carry around with you and use during the day. When I don't use this I notice a difference, my skin looks rubbish! I still get hormonal blemishes which sadly don't ease off with age, but after using this solid for a good 6weeks I noticed my skin didn't breakout as bad or I at least didn't notice it. WINNER!
- Witch Skincare Blemish Gel- I use this in the evening on any blemishes which may be surfacing or any which are angry and grinning at me! This is very gentle and not harsh at all, so because of that sometimes I do need to rely on something a little stronger which helps to really dry out the little beasties!
- Origins Spot Remover Pads- This is another HG item which has made such a difference to my skin, when my skin is looking rife with the beasties I sweep one of these pads over them and then wait for them to diminish slowly through the night! I wouldn't recommend these if you suffer from dry skin or very sensitive skin.
- Origins Brighter than Nature SPF35- Having combination skin can sometimes leave your skin looking dull. So using an exfoliator is important, I left this part out because I didn't want to mention too many products. However the origins Brighter by nature day cream really has made a difference to my skin. Plus the SPF35 is is great if you're concerned about fine lines and sun damage.
- Clinique Even Better Eyes- I have also moaned about my dark circles so the latest eye cream I've been using is by Clinique. It claims to hide dark circles and help diminish them. I love the cooling applicator tip and the formulation is tinted which is even better ;)
One item which makes such a difference to skin is WATER! I know you probably hear and see this written everywhere but it's true. When my skin has looked stressed and not at its best I always up the water intake and normally see a difference within a day or two.
I know these products below aren't skin care products BUT I still wanted to mention them because when my skin isn't looking flawless or it's having a bad day these little extras help my skin look better!
- Witch Skin Clearing Primer is fab, it's great for combination skin and feels very silky when applied.
- Witch BB Cream- I've just reviewed this product so I'm going to keep it quick. Great for oily/combination skin.You can read my review here.
- Witch Skincare Concealer Stick -I've been using the Witch Concealer stick on my blemishes, I like the idea that this product heals and conceals at the same time!
- Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets- These have been a must for me through the hot makeup melting days! I've used these lots and gone through a couple packs. I would love to see Witch Skincare launch blotting papers, hint hint!
- Witch Skincare Pressed powder- After applying my foundation/BB cream I always set it with a powder, because of my combination skin and t-zone I've been using the Witch one!
So there you have it, I would love to know if you use any of these products?
How do you keep your skin looking flawless?
Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm always looking for new skincare products to try and all of these seem amazing! My skin is pretty bad and I'm running out of ways to treat it. :( xReplyDelete
You're welcome I'm glad you found it helpful. I think sometimes trying new products can have an effect on your skin but sometimes you just have to try new products to see if they work. I swear by the Origins Blemish Pads! Oh and WATER! xDelete
I don't really use much products for my skin (face) care. I just wash my face with my usual facial wash in the morning and evening. When I try something new, it just makes my skin breakout a little and I'm quite scared to continue. I agree that water makes the difference! It's important to be hydrated all day long. :)ReplyDelete
Yes I found that using too many products can be a little overwhelming for your skin and water is such a big factor which many people forget. Thanks for your comment xDelete
Great post, good reminder about water!ReplyDelete
Thank you :) xDelete
I really like the Witch range for combination skin types, works really well! I think that Avene Micellar Lotion is going to have to go on my wishlist now :)ReplyDelete
It's the first time trying Avene and I'm really impressed! Really want to try more of the range :) xDelete
Great post! I love Caudalie Beaity Elixir too, I've nearly used 2 bottles and am going to repeat AGAIN! Now I'm interested in Liz Earle because I've read so much about this item on many different blogs! And the package looks lovely.ReplyDelete
The Beauty Maniac in Tokyo
Yes I have just finished my bottle!! Sob Sob! I will defo be buying another bottle! Yes Liz Earle is lovely, thank you for your comment xDelete
Great reminder! Water is surely an essential!ReplyDelete
Yep it sure is, I often forget to drink enough of it but notice a difference when i do! xDelete
Water is so important, I see such a difference when I drink more! I try not to wear make-up on my face apart from mascara, it makes my face much clearer! xReplyDelete
Sirens and Bells
I wish my skin didn't need the foundation some days, I do try and use a BB cream. The Witch one is fab because it's very light but covers my skin well xDelete
I use the Kleenex blotting paper which I love as it means I'm not adding more and more make up throughout the day to combat oilyness. I didn't know witch did makeup - would love to try the primer.ReplyDelete
Rachel from www.whatabeauty.co.uk x
I love the Kleenex Blotting papers, some days I don't need them but I always have them on hand. The primer is good, feels lovely on xDelete
Water is so important, people always forget this one.ReplyDelete
yeah they sure do and especially now with winter on it's way everyone will have their heating on and soon their skin will feel dry xDelete
I use the primer, powder and blotting tissues mentioned! xReplyDelete
Ohh fab! Thanks for your comment xDelete