Thursday 5 July 2012

Glossybox June Edition - My Standouts

After reading a few negative reviews and comments about Glossybox lately I wanted to share my thoughts with you on the June box*. A few of you tweeted saying you're fed up of reading and seeing these type of posts. Especially where each product is photographed and shown, you said you would prefer if products where used and blogged about if they are worth the mention. So after reading your tweets and taking your advice on board I will be talking about the products which personally stand out for me. Whether that be no products or a few. I hope this is a little different and makes it more readable and appealing to you. So  I will share my June 'Stand Outs'.


Right first things first, I want to mention the HD Brows Precision Tweezers! These are the real deal and retail at £19.95. I use tweezers to keep my brows tidy and also thread my brows. But for those hard to reach stubborn hairs these precision tweezers are fab. They're slanted and have been machine ground to a very fine point giving extra precision where needed. This is my favourite item from the box and was very impressed to see them. I've been using them since I got them and they grip even the smallest of stubby hairs which are hard to pluck.


The next stand out item for me is the VICHY DermaBlend Ultra-Corrective foundation sample kit. I've seen many reviews about the DermaBlend so to see a few different samples of shades is great. DermaBlend camouflages miner to severe skin flaws. I've tried a few of the shades and I'm Opal & Light. Opal is fine all over where as Light is a little more peachy, making it great for covering up my dark blue under eye circles. I've been using this as extra coverage over areas I want to conceal. The texture is lovely, very easy to blend. Thumbs up!


The 3rd and final stand out product from the box is the The Conditioner by Paul Mitchell.
When I first saw this I did think, oh yeah another hair product...yawn. But after giving it a chance and having a nosey inside the bottle I was totally surprised and couldn't wait to try it! I have long hair and whilst it isn't thick there's a lot of it. I've noticed my ends are now starting to look a little dry. The smell is very pleasant and the texture is very strange, you wouldn't normally think to use a product like this and actually leave it in. I've used this a handful of times and so far so good, the humid weather plays havoc with my hair, so this has come in handy.


The samples in the box which didn't float my boat was a small sample of BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer. And a Glossybox Pro Beauty Brush. Neither of these excited me so I've passed them on to friends to see how they get on with them. That's the thing with Beauty Boxes, it's hit and miss. I think if you expect to like/love everything in the box every month your mistaken. It's a chance to try new brands or products you wouldn't normally try.
As for the products you don't like, you could keep them and make up a box for a friend or family member. I still really like the concept of the beauty boxes. But some months are better than others. I totally understand if people think they would rather spend the money and put it towards a full sized product, but there's nothing more exciting than receiving the box and seeing what you get. I think it's down to the individual. There's no right or wrong.


I hope you enjoyed this post, what did you think of my 'Stand Outs'?Do you prefer this style of post?


Sherrie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥