Friday 1 June 2012

Get your Body ready for Summer- Body Scrubs

With Summer fast on its way and plus since we've been blessed with hotter weather, I thought this would be a great opportunity to blog about my top body scrubs. I've been sporting my demin shorts and vest tops in the warmer weather so I've needed to get my body care routine sorted out. Here are my top body scrubs which I would reccomend.


Kiehl's- Creme de Corps SOY MILK & HONEY BODY POLISH
Kiehl's Soy Milk & Honey Body Polish* smells scrumptious, I've become obsessed with honey scented products. If you're a fan of the very popular Creme de Corps Body Lotion then you need to try this. I've been reaching for this when in the shower or if I need to quickly prep my skin ready for self-tan or just as a nice treat. The formula is great, I love the tiny grains which scrub the skin gently but effectively. It actually reminds me of sand grains! So even more of a reason to try this for the Summer.


SANCTUARY- Salt Scrub 
I've only used this scrub once but loved how my skin felt during the application, it's probably not your most travel friendly product but you could easily decant some into a tub. I love the chunky glass tub, it gives a real 'pamering' feel. I won the Salt Scrub the other week on twitter and when I opening the package the aroma suddenly hit me, it smells so good! I think it's down to the hydrating ingredient's- Coconut, Jojoba and sweet Almond Oils. This currently takes pride of place in my bathroom. I reach for this when I want to pamper myself and want to take my time and enjoy it.


Soap & Glory- The Breakfast Scrub
I've had this for months and just never got round to using it, I bought this last year when they had their special Boots Xmas offer on. I watched a YouTube video where they raved about this saying the smell is amazing, and then I remembered I had one! So then after 15 minutes of searching through everything I found it, and OMG it was worth the find. Whilst most scrubs smells fresh and lovely there's not many which I would actually say smell that good you want to scoop it up and fill your mouth with it! This smells good enough to eat, think maple syrup and you'll know what I mean. I would 100% re-purchase this again- purely for the smell.


Origins- Incredible Spreadable Scrub
Out of all the scrubs mentioned I would say the Origins Incredible Spreadable scrub is my favourite consistency wise. It has a real luxurious oily base to it which helps the scrub glide onto the skin, it feels like it's really moisturising the skin whilst exfoliating at the same time. It's very gentle and would be great for sensitive skins I reckon. I actually won this last year from a Blog Giveaway and I'm so glad I did because I probably would've over looked this. It now comes in a mess-free tube which is better for travelling.


Have you tried any of these body scrubs? Which will you be reaching for this Summer?

Don't forget to check out my 'Get your body ready for Summer- Body Creams' blog post, coming soon!

Sherrie xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of those yet. For the longuest while, I couldn't stand commercial body scrub, I prefered my homemade one!

    But lately, I have liked a few: the Palmer's one, NSpa one and another one now I can't remember the name of the brand (sorry!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sanctuary Spa range - the scrub is just glorious isn't it?!! I must admit I have rather a lot from this range now - keep adding more every time they have an offer at Boots! http://takingachanceinlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with the breakfast scrub! I get through it so quickly though! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments ladies, I've never tried making a homemade scrub but sounds interesting!

    I think I have enough scrubs to last me a while now til next Summer lol. xx

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥