Wednesday 30 May 2012

May Favourites

It's that time of the month again where I get to share with you my monthly hits, I love these blog posts so if you've done one please leave your link below so I can have a nosey at your favourites.
OK so what are my MAY'S favourites? Well I have a mix for you this month, hair, skincare and makeup so let's get started!


SKINCARE

Bioderma has seriously changed my life! I finally caved a couple weeks ago and bought this from Ebay, I seriously think I've been missing out! It removes stubborn mascara and eyeliner so easily, I soak 2 cotton pads and then place over the eyes and let it work it's magic for a minute and then gently wipe away. Lisa Eldridge swears by this and I totally see why. I managed to get mine from this seller and it arrived within a couple days. Once I worked out the final cost including P&P it actually worked out cheaper than then ETAT PUR Micellar water. I know you have to be careful when buying off Ebay so always check the sellers feedback.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir has fast become the latest craze amongst beauty fanatics and bloggers, this is another product which has been used lots since it landed on my doorstep. I've been using this as a toner, facial mist and also to help relive tension and headaches. Full review to follow shortly.

Liz Earle Skin Repair Cream I started using this again a few weeks ago when my skin went AWOL, I love how you can always rely on Liz Earle for gentle yet effective skin care. The products are great for all skin types.

Origins Spot Remover has been a monthly favourite of mine since I got it a while ago, my skin has become more oily recently. The hot humid weather hasn't helped, I seem to be getting blemishes more frequently so the origins Spot Remover has become my S.O.S product to help me rid them! 


MAKEUP BRUSHES

Sigma E25 Blending brush has been used daily through the whole of May, I'm not sure why I never really used this before now. I actually got this one for free when I bought the Travel kit last year when Sigma had their FREE worldwide delivery offer on.

Japonesque Travel Blush Brush is fairly new to me but I've been using this lots and love how versatile it is, I took this brush on holiday and it did an amazing job. It contoured my cheeks, applied my blush and highlighter. The shape of the brush has a lot to do with it, it's very flat and fits perfectly into the hollows of cheeks, yet it's wide enough to apply blush to the cheeks and then highlight on top.

 

MAKEUP

Clarins Bronzing Powder Duo has been my go-to bronzer, I use the lighter shade to contour and then the darker shade all over or even as a blush. The compact is great and fits into your bag perfectly. 

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser SPF30 is ideal for the Summer, sadly I've used up all this sample and will 100% purchase the full size! You can check out my review here.

Origins BB Cream SPF15 has given me a nice light-medium coverage whilst also giving my skin a natural dewy finish. It also contains SPF30 which is great for this time of year. You can read my review here.

Mac Chromagraphic Pencil NC15/NW20 is great for the water line, giving your eyes an instant pop of brightness. It opens up and makes you look like you've had a good nights sleep even if you haven't! A must for mummies I think.

Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara is a great mascara, the wand is huge and really lengthens lashes effortlessly. This would be great if you have short stubby lashes.


 HAIRCARE

Batiste Lace Dry Shampoo is the newest edition to the range. I've found in the past that sometimes the Batiste shampoos can cause my scalp to itch but I have to say this one in particular has felt great. It did give me a slight grey halo but once you massage the scalp and the roots it soon disappears leaving you with fresh hair. Great if you're on a budget!

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product has been used loads last month. I not only use this on myself but also my daughter who has curls and often gets knotty hair. It smells amazing and it literally a micarcle product!


So there you have it, have you tried any of these products?

Sherrie xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Really want to try bioderma, all i hear is good things!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bioderma sounds amazing i really need to get my act together and order it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to the Caudalie Beauty Elixir review! I'm thinking of purchasing some myself... Where do you normally buy it from?x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really tempting me with the Nars tinted moisturiser! SPF 30 and oil free sounds ideal. Do you use it on it's own or as well as your normal day moisturiser? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really tempting me with the Nars tinted moisturiser. Spf 30 and oil free sounds ideal! Do you wear it on its own or over your day moisturiser? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're really tempting me with the Nars tinted moisturiser. Spf 30 and oil free sounds ideal! Do you wear it on its own or over your usual day moisturiser? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments ladies.

    @Nicola & Not Just On The Inside- OMG Ladies Bioderma is amazing!!! x

    @Beauty Bird- I've been using this for my headaches as well, the scent may be a little off putting for some people but I really like it. x
    I would get it from Beauty Bay because of the free P&P x
    @Jenny- I'm so going to be buying the full size! I still apply my daily moisturiser because my skin has a tendency of getting dry. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently caved and bought the bioderma too! Looking forward to trying it. xx

    candycaneheart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will wait for your review of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir because I really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love the It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product. It's so expensive but it works so well and i'm already on my second bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought the Bioderma Sensibio yesterday as well, as it was on sale at my drugstore (Jean Coutu for Canadian ladies). Love this stuff! I don't know if I can go back to a normal make-up remver now I've tried this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two things from your faces I've wanted to try are the Nars TM & it's a 10 leave-in. great post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanka for the comments ladies :) x

    @Miss_S Yay!! Do you like it? How you finding it? x

    @Marnie- yep, I will be blogging about it soon- I would say though it's better to buy the smaller 30ml bottle to try it first as it's under a £10 rather than the bigger bottle incase it's not for you. Review coming shortly x

    @Adthenshesmiled- Brill, I've been hearing more rave reviews about this range recently! Love the smell as well x

    @Ms Bubu- Yay! That's great, I know I'm
    Going to go through my bottle in a couple
    Months I reckon. So will be picking up another for sure! I fancy trying the one for oily skin as my skin has turned a little oily. x

    @Kim - ha ha, yes the NARS Tinted Moisturiser is amazing! I can't wait to buy the full size x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥