Saturday 31 December 2011

Get sexy waves for New Year using Phil Smith

Celebrity stylist Phil Smith has some great hair products which will help you achieve that perfect New Year Party look.Trying to achieve sexy loose tousled waves can actually be quite hard, if you don't get it right you end up looking like a scare crow. I must admit I am guilty of this and can speak from first hand experience, just by using the correct product for your hair seriously makes all the difference.

Phil says:


'The key to this look is texture and adding a little volume. When the hair is wet add in Xpanding Thicknening Cream £4.09 which creates texture, definition and volume.  As this is a light cream it will help protect the style from dropping and you can keep adding extra to create more texture. If you need an extra boost try the Xpert Sea Salt Wave Spray £4.09 which has Pro-Vitamin B5 for soft and tousled locks. Then make sure to hold in place as this style will need a little extra support. Finish with Xtravagant Hairspray £4.09 which will leave hair natural looking but with much needed hold'.

20111230-145946.jpg

Today I used the Sea Salt Wave Spray to create sexy natural beachy waves. I sprayed my hair whilst slightly damp and then simply scrunched my hair to create that loose messy wave. When my hair was fully dry I then sprayed it again a couple times and did the same technical procedure of scrunching! I bravely took a photo, please excuse the dodgy face, the lighting was rubbish and plus I look rubbish! Lots of late nights taking their toll I think.

20111230-150055.jpg

20111230-145846.jpg

20111230-145905.jpg

I finished it off with a spray of the Xtravagant Hairpsray and found this is unbelievable, it not only held my hair in all day but it also give my hair that added extra lift. I felt once I sprayed this on my hair I was able to mould and add extra volume to my hair.I would really recommend you try this hair spray if you want a spray which will add volume and hold your style. I love the bright packaging and the prices are very purse friendly!

20111230-150033.jpg

I have yet to try the Xpanding cream but will report back to you all my thoughts on this one very soon!

You can pick up these fab styling products from Sainsburys so next time you're out and about pick up something up to try.

How are you currently styling your hair?


Sherrie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥