Monday 21 February 2011

YSL Belle d'Opium

As you know I have a fondness for musky heady scents so this will come as no surprise to you all when I say I adore Belle d'Opium by YSL.


Belle d'Opium is a new updated version of the original 70s classic fragrance Opium, this was launched in 1978 and was nearly withdrawn because of its name so as you can imagine this beauty created quite alot of fuss and controversy. Now YSL have released a little sister to Opium and whilst some of you may relate to your mums or grans with the original Opium then this time round they are hoping to relate to everyone even the younger generation.


The bottle is truly stunning and a photo speaks a 1000 words, vibrant hues of eletric blue and purple are so eye catching and the flamboyant red wick which runs down the centre of the bottle. This bottle is bound to make your other perfume bottles envious!

♥ Heart Notes ♥
Casablanca Lily, Jasmine Absolute, Incense

♥ Top Notes ♥
Velvety Peach & White Pepper

♥ Base Notes ♥
Resins & Sandalwood

I love how this fragrance transforms into it's own sensual perfume, floral to begin with then a woody heady finish. This is why I adore this perfume so much, my love for floral scents and a mix with strong musky heady scents are perfect partners!


Available from ThePerfumeShop prices starting at £39.99 30ml, however I would like to point out a special offer they currently have which is a FREE Belle d'Opium Body Lotion 200ml when bought with sizes 50ml & 90ml. This is a great offer as the lotion is worth £37 which is unbelievable if you ask me, such a great offer!

Have you tried Belle d'Opium?


1 comment:

  1. I love, love the bottle it is stunning and makes you want to have it just to put it on your dressing table as an ornament! I definitely think I will be popping into Boots to try a tester! Thanks for the post x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥