Monday 31 January 2011

Thank god for The GODMOTHER

Hello cherubs! I am so excited to share this with you, for all you Snow*Fairy fanatics out there you NEED to get to your nearest Lush store and grab some Godmother soap. I know some of you may already know that The Godmother smells very much like our beloved Snow*Fairy but for those of you who don't then fear not you can get your Snow*Fairy fix whenever you like. PHEW * Wipes brow*

So here is a snap shot of The Godmother

100g £2.79


She is a beautiful deep pink and smells sublime if only this was smell-0-vision ♥

I like to cut my soap into manageable bars, I use a sharp knife and slice through the soap. Try not to chop it but slice it as the blade should then cut through the soap easier and also you will have nice clean cut bars. * PLEASE BE CAREFUL* You can always ask the Lush staff to cut your bars in the shop.
I managed to cut 4 bars out of this chunk which is brill


The next goodie which I have been interested in is one of their solid Hair bars! Meet Godiva she looks and smells of Jasmine which is just gorgeous♥ Whenever I look at her I think of Spring and Summer . Godiva costs £5.75 which you may think at first is a little more than you would part with your pennies but look at all the magical ingredients ♥
Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Cameila Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Macadamia Nut Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Jasmine Flowers and much more


I followed the instructions which I read from my latest copy of the Lush Times. This is so simple to use as you can imagine, stroke the bar on wet hair once or twice depending on your length. I did mine a couple times. This lathers up so quickly so you only need a little bit. Then once you feel like you have enough in your hair, massage this from the scalp to the tips. Then rinse through and use conditioner if needed. My hair smelt so good after using this and hardly any of the bar was used. Godiva costs £5.75 and I would be very interested to know how many washes you get out of this. Lush say the solid Shampoo & Conditioner bars are the way forward for being green. I must agree, think of all the bottles which clutter up our bathroom space.

Have you tried any soild Hair bars?

9 comments:

  1. My snow fairy is just about to run out, so I need some of that soap!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. *runs to lush*

    Such a good point about not wasting all those bottles!!

    Lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried these but I always cut my Lush soaps into smaller sizes. It's easier and they last longer.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds good, but I'll stick to my bottles when it comes to hair washing, I 'shed' too much and I hate hairy soaps...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE The Godmother! Maybe even more than Snow Fairy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went and bought this today after reading your post - i love snow fairy and this smells exactly the same!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love godmother soap. Its one of my favourites. If you haven't already tried it, I highly recommend trying The Sultana of Soap. It smells amazing. I buy like $60 of it at a time because I use it so often.
    I haven't tried any of their shampoo bars but really want to. I think I will grab this one next time I am in. I think I remember reading that the bars last like 80+ shampoos. I could be totally making that up but it sounds familiar. :)
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy soap...

    Adore your blog - I'm following!

    Would love you to enter my giveaway:

    http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/01/giveaway-be-my-february-girl.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jo Yeah you need to get yourself some Godmother so you get your Snow*Fairy fix x

    @Elizabeth Ha ha I hope you managed to get some :) x

    @Jess What size to you cut your bars to? I try cut mine like a bar of soap as I find it easier to use. x

    @Dalauz oh yeah hairy soap not good, luckily my soap is hair free! lol x

    @Gaby It smells so good doesnt it? Sometimes i just smell it just to get my fix ha ha x

    @Emma Oh brill! Glad you enjoyed the post! Enjoy! x

    @FunnyFacebeauty Thanks hun i have yet to try The Sultana soap, I have heard good things about it. Some of the soaps look so beautiful in the shop and I think what a shame to cut into it ha ha! On the back of my Lush Times they have the new LOVE BIRDS soap and it is so pretty! I would want a whole one though! 80 shampoos is good dont you think? x

    @Milly Thanks, I have just popped over x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥