Wednesday 15 May 2013

Crochet #2 / Sunburst Scarf


Well the sun was only brief, I'm sat writing this post whilst looking at a very dull grey sky with a sprinkling of rain for good measure. Since my last crochet post I have been busy crocheting up something bright and cheerful to help brighten up these dreary days! As with beauty I am addicted to certain craft blog one of which is called Yvestown. The photos are gorgeous and very inspirational, after scouring through old blog posts I came across this post and suddenly found myself drooling over the beautiful crochet scarf.
So after researching high and low through my stash of magazines I finally found a free pattern for a sunburst in a square from a lovely blog called IDA Interior Lifestyle. After completing 19 sunburst squares I then joined them all up using the double crochet method. If you're wondering what this is, the best tutorial I have found is from the fabulous Attic24 blog. Sunbursts all joined, you're then ready for a border, this helps to neaten the edges but also join up the sides. I opted for the same style border as the Yvestown scarf but you can change this to suit your taste. That's the great thing there's no set pattern, pick your shades and decide what border you want to use.


So what wool did I use and where did I buy it from? Well after following a lot of lovely ladies on IG I decided to try Stylecraft DK wool. It's 100% Acrylic and surprisingly soft, I ordered a selection of shades. They have 55 shades in total which is amazing but also very tricky for such an indecisive person like myself! I bought them online from Wool Warehouse, their customer care was fantastic, I placed my order late in the evening and by the following day I had an email to say a shade was out of stock and how i would like to continue with the order. After deciding on a another shade the order arrived the following day. All order over £25 qualifies for free P&P which is another bonus. The balls are 100g and retail £1.69 each, great quality at a great price. I'm eager to to make a blanket and order some other shades.


Follow me on Instagram for lots of craft & beauty pics @lilburdee



Crocheting on the train

 

Sunshine!



Taa daa!!!



Do you crochet? If you're thinking about crocheting take a look at my previous post How To Crochet.

Happy hooking...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is just gorgeous, I love it! I'm currently a knitter however have always been curious by crochet! I may have to give your 'How to Crochet' tutorial a go. :)

    Lyndsay

    Lyndsay
    www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥