Friday 15 February 2013

Face Facts #2


I've been experimenting with different looks lately and rediscovering old favourites, I've recently swapped my 15-pro palette for a new shiny new 4-pan pro palette and it's made such a difference, blog post to follow shortly! 
For my base I've been using the Dr.Jart+ BB Cream Water Fuse*, this helps control oiliness but also gives the skin a nice healthy dewy look. Something I struggle with when my skin is playing up. I use my trusty Real Techniques Buffing Brush, I bought a few brushes when Boots had their 3 for 2 offer on. For concealer I'm currently trailing the Pur Minerals Disappearing Act 4-in-1 Concealer, this is the shade Light. It's very pigmented and blends very nicely, I need to give it some more time before I can share my thoughts. I did feel I needed a little more coverage on the dark circles so I opted for the trusty Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging concealer. It's the perfect coverage, colour and formulation.

For the cheeks I used Pur Minerals Blush* for a pop of colour, on first impressions I am very impressed. very good pigmentation and buildable depending on how bright you want it. I did find though you need a very light hand when applying this blush, I literally tapped my Mac169 brush a couple times and dabbed the back of my hand before applying right on the cheeks. After I could gage the colour I then went in again and built the colour up.

 

For the eyes I decide on Macs Naked Lunch over the lid and Retrospeck on the brow bone, both these shades compliment one another and blend together well. For some added depth I used Tempting with a very light hand. This really changed the look, I find Tempting works very well with Naked Lunch. I did run a little Tempting along the lower lash line to finish the look. 
 For the lashes I used Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara, I bought this just after Christmas from John Lewis in the sale. It came in a little gift set with a mini black khol and a handy travel size Bi-Facil. The brush is great, a dual sided brush to help create show stopping eyes. I use the flat part of the brush first against the roots of the upper lashes. I use a very technical 'wiggling' method, this helps add product to the roots but also to separate the lashes. Then I turn the brush on its side and coat the lashes with a nice generous layer of mascara.



On the lips I used Mac a Faerie Glen which is a lustre finish, I find this shade the perfect nude for myself. It doesn't wash out the face and looks very flattering.

Sherriexo

1 comment:

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥