Wednesday 16 January 2013

Cheat your way to glowing skin this winter...

 Clarins Rose Shimmer / Champagne Shimmer / Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow

Clarins beauty Flash Balm* / Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector* / YSL Le Teint Eclat Foundation / Jemma Kidd  highlighter  / Nars Deep Throat

I'm currently cheating my way through the winter months with some winter glow cheats! If you're struggling to get that natural glow here are some products which help me.

Step 1- I've mentioned Clarins's amazing Beauty Flash Balm which SHOULD be in every ones stash! This has been a staple for me through autumn and winter. I apply a nice thin layer of this all over my face after my normal skincare routine. This gives your skin that boost it needs when it's lacking any radiance or glow. I let my skin drink in the goodness and then set to work on my next step!

Step 2 - This next product is one of the biggest cheats in this step-by-step cheats guide! The Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector. It comes in 3 shades, I have the lightest shade which I've been using a lot lately - Rose Shimmer. This is a pale opalescent sheen with a warm pink undertone, I mix a pump of this with a pump of my liquid foundation. Which happens to be the YSL Le Teint Eclat Foundation, I bought this with my Christmas pennies and boy is it worth it! I love it- but that's another blog post! If you'd rather use a warmer liquid highlighter the other Complexion Perfector shade is Champagne Shimmer, I have used this a few times but tend to use this shade more in Spring/Summer months. 

Step 3- So after I've mixed my liquid face highlighter and foundation together I apply them both using my Real techniques buffing brush and then move on to the next step which is my cream highlighter. the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All over Radiance highlighter is a dream to apply. It works well over the top of liquid of powder finished. I apply this with my fingertips and dab some on the tops of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose, cupids bow and a little on my brow bones. 

Step 4- The next step is my chosen blusher which happens to be NARS Deep Throat, I adore this blusher and finely caved when I had some Asos vouchers. It's a pretty pink spring shade with a nice subtle glow of shimmer. A sweep of this on the apples of the cheeks finishes the look off.

So there you have it folks, four easy steps to cheat your way to glowing skin! I hope this helps you, I would love to know how you're cheating your way through the winter months? I have a Skincare post coming up soon with some winter treatments!

Sherrie xo


7 comments:

  1. I love Beauty Flash Balm! It has been a beauty staple of mine for years so it's good to see that someone else loves it too :) I have also been using the YSL foundation to help my skin! x

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of Beauty Flash Balm. I think my skin looks grey in winter!

    http://www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post:)! p.s. love the floral blanket :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really want to try the YSL foundation and that Nars as well, great post

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I love glowy skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely see some stuff I would like to try here! Thanks!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love glowy skin for winter!
    Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfecter sounds great.
    http://8881397.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥