Monday 7 January 2013

Beauty Organisation Made Easy...

 

I've had a good sort out and have re-organised my beauty corner where I store my day-to-day skincare products and other daily items. I wanted to share my simple storage solutions with you. I have found over the months you can soon get a little swamped down with beauty products, and organisation is key! I have a generous amount of products as you can see, all of these are used regularly and some are there to be tested. I store them in a shallow clear plastic tray which is cheap enough to buy. You can find a selection of different sizes from Ebay. The one I have is A5 and is the perfect size. If you order a larger size you'll soon fill it and then you'll be bombarded again, so I would recommend trying the A5 size first, but it's down to what you want to store and the size of the space you have free. They're actually sold as stationary storage containers, but I think they make the perfect storage for beauty products. I can't remember which Ebay seller I bought them from but this is exactly what I have. Ebay
 
 

I store my muslin cloths, cotton pads and cotton buds in a little cloth basket behind my skincare tray. I bought a set of 3 for under £5. I use to store them in these cloth baskets from H&M which are pretty and cheap.


As for my makeup brushes, I've recycled my empty glass candle votive's and have put them to good use. I have 2 large ones which house all my face and eye brushes snuggly.

 

I have my makeup bag at hand which has my most recent makeup items which I'm currently using and enjoying. By having my makeup bag on hand it helps make my beauty routine all that more quicker and easier. 

Having my beauty products organised like this makes such a difference, I know exactly where everything is and can put my finger on it quickly without any fuss, a great tip in the morning. 

I hope this quick blog post has been of some use to you!

Sherrie x

9 comments:

  1. Ooh i like the idea of using old candle's jars to house your brushes!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus you could use them for eye liners or mascaras. I'm saving all of my old candle jars now lol! x

      Delete
  2. I like this with The candles jars...nice thought girl,you put me ideas!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you, they work great for makeup brushes! x

      Delete
  3. !! you're so clever. After reading this I have a legitimate excuse for saving my empty glass jars! Before, "pretty" was the only requirement to save them from the recycle bin.

    -Lindsey
    www.biblioparties.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I can't take credit I'm affraid. I saw them on another beauty blog x

      Delete
  4. The candle jars are great.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am starting to use candle jars as Make-up Brush holders! They are so cute! :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they look so cute also! Plus I like a bit of recycling/upcycling!

      Delete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥