Thursday 29 November 2012

Top Picks / Red Lips...


Swatched left to right

  New CID Cosmetics-Scarlet / Burberry-Military Red / Clarins Instant Smooth Lip Balm- Crystal Red Summer Collection'12 / Clarins Colour Crystal-Red Summer Collection'11 / Korres Lip Gloss-Red Pink / Miners Matte Factor Lip Cream-Deep Red.

 

After taking swatches of the lipsticks it soon became evident that Scarlet is in fact a dupe for Burberry's Military Red. The only difference being the finish, Military Red is a matte finish where as Scarlet has a sheen to it. Both gorgeous shades! 

(Left-Scarlet / Right- Military Red)

 

I love digging out my red lipsticks and stains this time of year, especially for winter and party season! Here's a small selection of red lipsticks which I reach for, whether that be day time or evening. Some are very bold whilst a couple or so are very mild and great for anyone who would rather pass on the bright bold traditional red lip. There's a red shade out there for everyone, just have a look and take your time to swatch them in the shop. I would make sure you line your lips first and cover them all over with a lip liner and don't forget your lip balm first! I swear by the Blistex Relief cream.

I would love to know your top Red Lipstick for Winter? I have the red lip from the Kate Moss Rimmel Collection on my wish list!

Sherrie xo

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of MAC's Hot Tahiti! It's perfect, not too in-your-face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! The Burberry one looks absolutely amazing! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Burberry lipstick is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥