Saturday 11 August 2012

Lush Sultana of Soap & BIG Sea Salt Shampoo

I've been a Lush-ee for many years now and love trying their products, to me it's like being in a sweetie shop. You want to try it all but you just don't know where to start? The newest Lush products which I've been trying out recently is the BIG Sea Salt Shampoo* and their popular Sultana of Soap*.

 BIG Sea Salt Shampoo £11.25 /330g | Sultana of Soap £3.35 / 100g

I've used a few of their soaps and I'm currently using the Love Birds Soap which is lovely and creamy. Sadly this came out last year for the Valentines Collection. I luckily had a huge chunk which I'm working my way through! I use this as my shaving soap, instead of using a foam or gel I find this leaves the skin super soft. I've seen many rave reviews about their Sultana of Soap so couldn't wait to try it. It smells scrumptious as you can imagine, it feels very similar to Love Birds texture wise on the skin. The dried sultanas gently exfoliate the skin which is another great feeling. Lush say this is their version of posh Italian Nougat, just reading that makes my mouth water! If only this was edible soap hey? It contains dried apricots, cranberries and of course currants.


The other product which I've also been using is the popular BIG shampoo. This is the first shampoo I've used which contains sea salt. It feels gritty like a scrub when you apply it, but it's floppy consistency makes it easy to lather. It feels amazingggg on the scalp! I often get a dry itchy scalp so this felt LUSH when I first used it. I don't use this for every wash even though it claims to be fine. I found it gave my hair a really good cleanse, it literally felt squeaky clean afterwards. I use this once a week as a deep cleanse. I normally use oil or some styling product in my hair, this can easily build up if you don't use a good thorough cleansing shampoo.
It does haves peculiar scent, one which is slowly but surely growing on me. It is a little on the pricey side but you don't need a lot and this will last an age especially if you use it as a weekly deep cleanse. I took a snap shot of the ingredients list because I wanted you guys to see all the amazing ingredients jammed packed in this pot! If you like the sea salt sprays to help give hair volume you will love this product.


You can purchase the Sultana of Soap & BIG Sea Salt Shampoo online and instore.


I would love to know your TOP 3 Lush products?

Sherrie xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love Buffy the Backside Slayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Buffy and love it! I'm almost all my way through it :) x

      Delete
  2. The Sultana of Soap! That looks incredible. Top 3 I'd have to go for

    1. Butterball
    2. Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser which works for my sensitive skin
    3. Porridge soap

    But my ultimate favourite is a Christmas limited edition Gingerbread House bubble bar, it actually looks like a gingerbread house, seems a waste to put it in the bath! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab thanks for your comment!
      I think I may have tried Butterball years ago and can't remember it so will need to give it another go. I've heard good reviews about the Angels on bare skin cleanser. I really want to try Porridge soap next :) x

      Delete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥