Wednesday 1 February 2012

MEMEME Dew Pot - Willow Whisper

I'm sure a lot of you already know that Cosmetic brand MeMeMe have launched 10 new cream eyeshadows called Dew Pots. I was lucky enough to get the chance to try one, Willow Whisper is the perfect daytime shade as well as a base shade. There are 8 shades in the Dragonfly collection ranging from deep shades of green to rich berry shades.

I like the neat packaging in a little pot, easy to store away and travel with. The formula is very creamy and easy to apply, I use my finger tip to apply this and dab all over the lid over the top of some primer, I then like to use a brush to buff in the edges to give a soft effect. However to be honest Willow Whisper is such a natural shade that you probably don't need to do this.



I would say this is fine for day time but I think another bolder shade would brighten this up, maybe Tangled Ivy (Deep Green) or Moonlight Mist (Deep navy) buffed in the crease would add a bit of drama to the eyes.

20120129-191650.jpg

Sorry for the small image but this was the best quality image I could get to show you, I must say after seeing the range of shades I was a little disspointed they didn't have a smokey grey, charcoal shade. being the smokey grey junkie that I am was a little sad.

20120129-191800.jpg

You can buy the Dew Pots online from MeMeMe or from Superdrug, online they currently have them on offer for £6 instead of the normal £7.25 retail price. So if you like the look of these now would be the good time to try. Please let me know if any of you have tried these, I would love to know what the bolder shades are like?

 

Thanks for reading,



Sherrie xoxo

2 comments:

  1. How did you find the staying power of this product? Would you say they are as creaseproof as paint pots? Or do they slide around on your eye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara-May thanks for your comment, I would say that it stay as long on the eye when I didnt use my eye primer. So these defo need a primer underneath them.

    I've actually never tried a paint pot so wouldn't be able to compare them. I really liked he colour but did find the texture quite soft so that's prob why they dont last as long on their own. Whether the darker shades last longer I'm not sure. x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥