Sunday 23 October 2011

Weekend Activities

Just to quickly pre-warn you this is NOT a beauty related post, I have had such a fun weekend with my family I wanted to share it with you lovely lot. I have been busy building dens with my little ones, baking Carrot cake and designing Hex Bug cities. I wanted to share some pics and show you what we've been up to.
So I started off the weekend making my son some homemade play dough which is super easy and cheap, if you have little ones in your family they would love this as a treat and I used orange and black food dye for Halloween.

Recipe
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup of Table Salt
1 Tbsp Oil
2 Tsps Cream of Tartar
Food Dye (optional)

Place all these ingredients in a saucepan ( old one ) and mix them all together and add a few drops of your desired food dye if you want. Don't worry if you don't have food dye it doesn't matter, you could add vanilla essence and make a nice smelling playdough.Once you've mixed it all together place it on the hob and turn up the heat and basically cook the playdough, be careful and make sure you keep stirring. It's like your making scrambled eggs, eventually after a little while the mixture will form a dough. When it starts to form a dough then turn it out onto the work surface and let it cool because it will be hot.You'll probably want to soak your saucepan because it can get a bit messy but it's so worth it.
I plan on making green and red playdough for Christmas and adding fine glitter to the dough.


Building Dens
Carving a pumpkin :)


Building Hex Bug Cities


In case you're not familiar with these little creatures then I will quickly fill you in, these are called Hex Bugs, you simply flick the little switch and they jitter around. My 4yr old son bought a kit with his birthday money last month and got these and some glow in the dark track which you build. He has now become a fan and plays with them on a daily basis. He designed a Duplo city for them also.

 
Baking with Betty Crocker


This has got to be the most easiest, quickest way to baking a carrot cake and also cheapest! I bought the carrot mix on offer from Tescos, I think I paid £1.83ish and then £2.10 for the Vanilla Buttercream icing. You do need 3 eggs and some cooking oil which I'm you all have in your cupboards. I must confess I could easily bake something like this and turn up at a friends birthday or special occassion and pretend I had been working hard all day baking it. I'm already considering more Betty Crocker baking, have you tried the range?


Hey presto!



So what have you been up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥