Wednesday 19 October 2011

Pretty Not Plastered Book Review

Afternoon my cherubs, I have a book review for you which makes a lovely change. Being a book worm that I am I feel right at home reviewing the book and would like to share my thoughts with you! Emily Rose is a professional make-up artist who has achieved so much at a young age.

 

The book is a nice size and not overwhelming which is a big positive, I found everything easily laid out which is another positive because the book is meant  to be used and referred to so it's important you can find extracts quickly.
This book will show you how to:

* Look after your skin so that it looks healthy and beautiful.

* Apply your foundation perfectly to contour your face.

* Emphasise your eyes for a natural or a smokey evening look.

* Choose your lip colour and apply your lipstick.

* Match your make-up to your prom dress or party clothes.



The pictures are nice and clear and true which I think is very important, you can tell these are every day women just like us! The looks which Emily has created and featured within the book is great I mean I love the '5-Minute Looks You'll Love' these are all quick simple looks which anyone can achieve.

Lots of great tips and advice! Sometimes it's important to get the basics right when applying make-up, I really believe in that and think if you can get the basics mastered then the world is your oyster. Have fun and don't be afraid to play or experiment with colours.


Overall I would say this is great beginners book, I wouldn't say this is for your professional makeup artist looking for inspiration but this is a great book for women to gain confidence and try new looks and have a guide which they can follow and feel confident in achieving. This would make a great gift for friend or mum, I know my mum doesn't feel very confident when applying makeup so this book would be great for her. OR if you have a teenage girl who is starting to wear makeup or starting to use skincare this would be a fab book for her!


Author Emily says: "I have written this book to teach you the art of applying perfect make-up, and to help you create the right look for you, your skin and most importantly your age. This is one of the best times of your life. You can play with your looks, wear the brightest, boldest colours, and get away with it. So enjoy!"

Pretty Not Plastered will be available from November online www.howtobooks.co.uk

Thanks for reading, what is your favourite Beauty Book?? 
Please let me know I would love to add a few to my Birthday list.

2 comments:

  1. oo sounds interesting I'm waiting for it out of the library

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great book with loads of useful tips. x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥