Sunday 11 September 2011

How to create Beautiful Bohemian Waves...

Today's post is about creating sexy beachy waves, styling tools are at an all time high and with lots of different styles waves are my favourite style. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver is a new styling tool on the market which claims to create big tousled 'S' waves and volume.


The Amplify Jumbo Waver comes housed in a very elegant midnight blue storage box which is sleek and very stylish. I really like that Enrapture have also included a heat protection pouch and style guide explaining the styling tool and giving ideas.


The Jumbo Waver has an On/Off switch which lights up orange when turned on, there is a heat dial which you decide. The Minus - symbol with small dots is on the low setting roughly 140'c, this is suitable for fine, thin hair. For Normal hair types move the dial half way which heats to 180'c, for coarse hair you can turn the dial to the + symbol which is at the highest setting of 210'c.

*Please note the Jumbo Waver can ONLY be used on 100% real human hair extensions.*
The Amplify Jumbo Waver has a professional sprung marcel handle for easy grip and a handle locking ring which closes the waver and for easy storage.

 
The Amplify Jumbo Waver is for anyone who wants to create rock-chick, beachy or beautiful bohemian waves. The Jumbo Waver can also be used to add volume to the hair and can give you that messy bed head look.
I decided to go for the normal setting so moved the dial half way, it didn't take long to heat up which is great when you are limited for time. The Amplify Jumbo Waver has titanium plate technology which means they don't wear down like ceramic spray finishes and thanks to the polished plates you can style away without hair snagging.  I rested them on the heat pouch which came with the set and waited 2 minutes for them to heat up, whilst I was waiting I used my trusty TRESemme Heat Protection spray.

 To finish off my waves I used the Luminous Shine Finishing Spray from the Scandalous range by Superdrug.

I took a before and after photo so you can see how different my hair looks, I took big sections of hair underneath then working towards the top layers I took smaller sections of hair. I like to clip back a small section of hair away from the face using a small butterfly clip. I must admit that I prefer my waves the next day when they dropped out a little bit, however you can create this by selecting a lower heating setting on the dial. 



Then the day after my waves look a lot softer and this is my favourite look, a beachy bohemian look


You can buy the Amplify Jumbo Waver at Boots and  Argos online as well as in store. The Amplify Jumbo waver retails at £74.99 which may seem a little pricey but when you think you get 3 years guarantee. I think this would make a great birthday or Christmas gift so add it to your lists ladies if you like waves.

The Enrapture web site has a heap of information about their other 2 styling styling tools, you can also see a range of styling ideas for extra inspiration.


Have you tried the Amplify Jumbo Waver? 
Which waves do you like best? Rock-Chick, Beach or Bohemian?


1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks gorgeous! I agree the more dropped out is a bit more "touseled" and beach sexy, both look lovely though!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥