Thursday 4 August 2011

Pro Make-up Artist Lisa Valencia talks MUA Cosmetics

I am so excited to write this post, I was given an amazing opportunity to interview the gorgeous Professional Makeup-Artist Lisa Valencia. As some of you are well aware MUA Cosmetics has recently launched a new line called MUA Pro. I know lots of you have already tried the line and love the Heaven & Earth palette which seems to be very popular.

MUA Pro was in fact devised by professional makeup artist & brand ambassador Lisa Valencia, Lisa has 20 years experience so she really knows what there is to know about makeup! I asked Lisa about the stunning new collection and top beauty tips which she swears by.


Lisa in action during London Fashion week.

Question & Answer time ♥

Q1-Where did you find the inspiration to create the new MUA Pro Collection?

Lisa- I've been a professional makeup artist for 20 years, working with celebrities and all the magazines, the MUA pro range was based on my makeup kit, and all the key products that I need for my job to create a professional finish.

Q2- What made you pick the shades you did and where did your creativity come from?

Lisa- I picked shades that would cover all skin types and makeup desires, there is the neutral palette For those that prefer a more classic look, and then the really bright poppy colours for those that are more adventurous with there makeup. It was really important to me that ALL the colours have lots of pigment, so the colour you see in the palette is exactly the colour that goes onto your skin. 

Q3- If you had to pick just one item from the new MUA Pro collection what would that be and why?

Lisa- If I had to choose one item from the collection it would be the 3 in 1 extreme contour eye pen in black, it's so soft & smudgy, it's like an angled crayon for your eyes, great for 60's flicks on the eyes, or a smudgy rock chick look, I couldn't do smokey eyes without it.

Q4- What colours/makeup styles are going to be hot this A/W 2011 for eyes & Lips?

Lisa- The make up this Autumn is very tonal, it's a step on from the summer nudes, lots of very neutral colours, with Contoured cheeks, brown & taupe shades on the eyes, strong brows, and then if you add a lip it should be a dark berry shade.

Q5- Could you please share your 'Top' beauty tip?

Lisa- My top tip, for a perfect flick on the eye, run your eyeliner along your top lash line and then flick the outer corner towards the end of your eyebrow.This way you will have the perfect line, with no gaps between the lash & your line. ( I like MUA liquid eyeliner and MUA extreme contour pen) Also MUA blush in shade 4 is great on the apples of your cheeks, it gives you a wide awake look, and stops you looking tired.

 ♥ ♥ ♥

I hope you enjoyed the interview as much as I did!
I want to say a HUGE thank you for your time Lisa and your expert answers and tips!






2 comments:

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥